Top 3 Chicken Nugget Recipes
We love chicken nuggets and the most satisfying is having them homemade! Here are our top 3 recipes online for making chicken nuggets at home.
In a plastic bag, mix the flour, seasoned salt and some salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the eggs with 2 tablespoons water. In a separate bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
Shake the chicken pieces in the bag to coat. In batches, dip them in the egg wash, then in the breadcrumbs.
Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a few breadcrumbs dropped in the oil start to sizzle immediately. Fry the chicken, in batches if needed, until golden brown and cooked through, a couple minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel and serve with ketchup.
This next one comes from Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com, really great idea using potato flakes!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp potato flakes (found these at FredMeyer)
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or ½ tsp garlic powder + ½ tsp salt)
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup finely crushed corn flakes from 2½ cups cereal*
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse 2½ cups corn flakes in a food processor until fine crumbs form (or take a rolling pin to them in a large zip-loc bag). In a shallow bowl, stir together ¾ cup crumbs and ¼ cup finely grated parmesan.
- In the bowl of your clean food processor, combine 1 lb chicken pieces, 1 Tbsp potato flakes, ⅓ cup water, 1 tsp garlic salt, and ⅛ tsp black pepper. Pulse until chicken is finely chopped. P.S. if you don’t have a food processor, by all means, use a meat grinder with the small grinding disk.
- With wet hands, roll and flatten chicken into small nugget patties, using about 1 Tbsp of the meat mixture for each nugget. Roll the nugget into bread crumbs, pressing gently for crumbs to adhere. (Freezing Tip: You can freeze them once they are breaded; freeze them flat for 1 hour, then transfer to ziploc bags and store up to 3 months. When ready to bake them, bake frozen nuggets as directed in step 4).
- Transfer nuggets to lined baking sheet and bake at 375˚F for 15 min on the middle rack or just until cooked through, flipping them over half way through baking. Remove from oven and let nuggets rest a few minutes before serving. P.S. Don’t over-bake your nuggets or they will start to get dry.
*You can use ¾ cup panko crumbs instead of corn flakes. To get the panko crumbs golden, spray nuggets with cooking spray before baking and bake for 13 min then broil nuggets additional 2 minutes to give them a golden glow.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. Put melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.